Monday, January 24, 2011

La Boca (Little Italy)



On a sunny Sunday afternoon at the beach, some friends and I were discussing all of the fun options for cheap food and happy hour deals in San Diego. Our new resolution is to explore and enjoy many of our options here in San Diego.

About a month ago, a friend told me about $1 empanadas at La Boca in Little Italy. Loving empanadas, I tried to convince my busy friends to set aside a Tuesday night to check it out. It never worked out, so I thought our new happy hour plan was a great opportunity to try it out!

I walked into Puerto La Boca at 6pm. There were a few people sitting at the bar, but I snagged a table in the bar area. (I was told happy hour didn't apply in the restaurant.) I ordered the $3 happy hour malbec and sat back to wait for my friends.

The five of us all ordered $3 house wines (about 5 different types) and $1 empanadas. The empanadas came as beef, chicken, corn, spinach, and ham & cheese. I ordered three and was completely satisfied. My roomie ordered a sampler of all 5 flavors and worked hard to finish all of them. They were crisp, hot and delicious. We all resolved to return.

Happy Hour 5-7 weeknights (I believe):
$3 House wines

Tuesday special:
$1 empanadas

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun endeavor. There are so many good restaurants tucked away in San Diego - look forward to your next review!

    ReplyDelete