Monday, January 31, 2011

Lei Lounge (University Heights)

From the tiki torches to the cozy cabanas to the drinks that come in coconuts with umbrellas, I've always enjoyed Lei Lounge. I took the opportunity last week to introduce my friends to the semi-exotic locale of Lei Lounge.

Wednesday was my friend Andrea's birthday, so we celebrated by holding our happy hour on that date. Wednesday at Lei Lounge is group day. The more people you bring, the bigger your discount. We ended up with 10 people snuggled in a cabana - which gave us the maximum discount of 40% off the bill. From 5-7pm, they also had a happy hour deal of half-off the signature drinks. As the signature drinks are normally $8.50, that takes them down to $4.25.

I sampled the Hawaiian mojito, and while it was nice, I really preferred my friend's bubbly Pink Diamond.

We also ordered off the menu smothered fries, veggie tempura, chicken satay, asparagus wrapped in bacon, hummus trio, and chicken pad thai. I have to say, the asparagus was delicious. It was five pairs of asparagus spears wrapped in 5 pieces of bacon in a delightful sauce. Also, they brought us more pita for our hummus trio when we ran out.

I was a bit disappointed that I mentioned several times that the 10 of us were celebrating a birthday, and yet the restaurant offered nothing special. ( I ended up making a cake a couple days later to make up for this dificiency.)

Overall, a fun night in their open air back patio, snuggled in a cozy cabana with friends. Always a fun destination, but not always the cheapest option. (Though on Mondays they do have $3 deals- probably the best day to go.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. Keep the reviews coming - they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete